Institute of Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
The Institute of Reconstructive Plastic Surgery (IRPS) was founded in 1955 with the support of the National Foundation of Facial Reconstruction to provide comprehensive care in a multidisciplinary setting for patients requiring plastic surgery services. It is housed in a new state-of-the-art facility that contains Centers of Excellence, faculty clinical offices and full service outpatient operating rooms. All of the attending staff hold NYU School of Medicine academic appointments. The Institute conducts one of the largest plastic surgery educational programs in the world. The Institute research program has made major contributions in the areas of transplantation, wound healing, craniofacial biology, computer graphics and distraction osteogenesis.